Who do I contact to tell me where my property lines are?

Property lines are determined by metal markers ("pins") placed underground at every corner, angle, intersection, or change of direction of the boundary line. Pins may include a plastic cap with surveyor identification information and are shown on the original and all subsequent survey plats of a property. The most accurate and reliable method to determine a property boundary is to hire a registered land surveyor to perform a boundary survey of your property. The surveyor is licensed to perform such work and can locate any existing pins and set any that are missing. The City of Oskaloosa does not locate private property lines nor resolve property line disputes. Property owners may attempt to locate existing property pins themselves to estimate the location of property lines. Please do not remove or disturb property pins. 

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit for a fence?
2. Can a fence go on the property line?
3. Can I do my own work on my home and do I need a permit?
4. Do I need a permit for a deck?
5. Do I need a permit for a shed or other accessory building?
6. Do I need a permit to replace my roof?
7. Are frost depth footings required for a detached garage or other accessory building?
8. When do I need a building permit?
9. Where should smoke and/or carbon monoxide detectors be located in my home?
10. Is a permit required for a swimming pool?
11. Where should ground-fault electrical receptacles be located?
12. How do I find out how my property is zoned?
13. Can I have a home-based business?
14. How can I find out if my property is in a flood zone?
15. Who do I contact to tell me where my property lines are?
16. Are chickens allowed within city limits?
17. Are horses allowed within city limits?
18. Are bees allowed within city limits?
19. Do I need a permit outside city limits?