Oskaloosa, Iowa, population 11,558 is seeking a leader with a proven history of completing high-impact community projects as well as leading and building a team to successfully implement council goals and objectives as their next City Manager. The City Manager has six direct reports. There is a total of fifty-six (56) full-time employees. The annual operating budget is approximately $42 Million. To learn more about Oskaloosa and the position profile and job description, click on the “CM Profile and Job Description” link below.
The successful candidate will be an ethical, creative, responsive teambuilder who has knowledge with economic development and tax increment financing, long and short-term financial planning experience, be approachable and a skilled communicator.
- A bachelor's degree is required with coursework in public administration, business management, law, political science, accounting, finance, economics, or related field. Master's degree in Public Administration preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible municipal administrative experience or similar experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in the job description.
Salary and benefits
- $123,000 to $143,000 annually, depending upon qualifications
- Holidays, Vacation, and Personal Sick Leave
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-term Disability and Life Insurance are available
- IPERS or ICMA retirement benefits are available
- A vehicle allowance may be provided or mileage reimbursement
- Must obtain valid Iowa Driver's License
- Cell phone allowance is available to reimburse costs of monthly cellular phone
- Residency within the city limits is required within six months of employment
Confidential materials such as a cover letter, resume, salary history, and five professional references should be sent to:
Elizabeth Hansen, Midwest Municipal Consulting LLC
Applications are due no later than noon CST on November 19, 2021.